Tuesday, December 13, 2005

say something, dammit.

OK, the deed is done. I've been meaning to set up a new blog for a while now--one that would divorce my political and religious rantings--oops, I mean, writings--from my day-to-day life, which is chronicled elsewhere and which too many people in my real life know about for me to feel safe talking about being a liberal and an atheist. I have a LiveJournal, and once in a while I come out and say something that turns out to be a lot more explosive than it really should be--such as the time I said that I thought that Ronald "I can't recall" Reagan, who probably lied about not being able to remember anything about the Iran-Contra affair, got what he deserved when he died of Alzheimer's. No, I was not saying that all victims of Alzheimer's deserved to lose their memory, humanity and dignity. Just Reagan. But six people dropped me from their friends lists that day.

If you've read thus far and are not giddy with outrage, stick around. There will be more, and better.

4 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

I spent the best years of my life under the socio-cultural pall that was the Reagan years. I despised the man's politics, and have good reason to mourn the nation we have lost.

But I NEVER exhalted in his suffering. While he was alive, I felt genuine compassion for Reagan because I, as a writer, amateur historian and all-around polymath cannot imagine what I would do without my mind. And I could not wish such a fate on my worst enemy.

You do yourself no justice or kindness in exhalting in Reagan's undoubted suffering; indeed, you lower yourself to the level of his political fellow-travelers in their inhumanity and callous disregard.

Please stop and think of that. We do not win when we take on the cloak of our enemy. We become our enemy.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Marianna Trench said...

Aw, get over yourself and stop grandstanding. It's not like I went to his funeral and pissed on his open coffin.

This'll probably put fire-ants in your Jockeys, too: I'm rejoicing today because that all-around pigfucker Slobodan Milosevich died ignominiously in prison yesterday. You going to chastise me for that?

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Rob Anderson said...

Yes. Gloating of this sort is inhumane. Seeing as you, like me, no doubt despised Milosevic for his gross inhumanity then you are acting like a hypocrite, and a rather large one at that.

And by the way, when, if ever, are we going to see new content on your blog??

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ronald said...

Ronald Reagan was the beginning of the end for this country. Why in the world do so many people think he deserves so much praise for being such a wonderful President. He set us back 20 years on the development of alternative fuels. He was a great believer in the destruction of our environment. Did not believe in any form of conservation. And last but certainly not least, he served as a clone for George Bush!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home